13 February 2007

It Seems I Have Been Tagged...

It was bound to happen sooner of later. I have been officially "tagged" by Gaz and I'm now under some kind of obligation to provide everyone with a list of "five things you did not know about me". I'm actually surprised I didn't get tagged by someone sooner, but I guess it's something to do with the company I keep. I tend to stay away from blogs that have "Half-Naked Thurdays" or "Picture Wednesdays" or whatever other memes bloggers must use when they lack creativity to come up with original posts and must resort to posting pictures of their own naked flesh.

(Having said that, some memes are very interesting.)

And why on earth am I doing this? Instead of writing this meme, I should be writing a literary essay comparing four different poems as practise for my GCSE english. Damn you Duffy! Damn you Armatage! Children all over the country are suffering thanks to those two; It borders on impossible trying to make sense what Simon Armitage is waffling on about in his poem "Homecoming" (which I'm currently analysing). I mean I don't mind reading poetry, but if you're gonna ask me to annotate it, then write a massive essay on it...

OK, so things you did not know about me:

  • My life is terribly mundane. I get up late, I revise, I go back to bed. There's nothing of interest happening in my life at this moment in time other than exam related anxieties. Take what I'm doing right now: I'm reading up on Differentiation and Integration. And later, I intend to phone Torquer. Both very boring activities. I really can't stress enough how boring my life is.

  • I'm a real stingy bastard. The mere thought of spending money makes me cry, which is strange considering I have no fiscal reponsibilities whatsoever. At my age, I should be screaming for more X-Boxes, Bratz dolls, Gucci underwear and generally being a spoilt brat. I'm currently in need of a new pair of slippers but I'd rather my feet go cold than spend £2.50.

  • I cross-dressed in America. Now before you start jumping to conclusions that I'm some kind of deranged, sexually-confused, transvestite, hear me out! I blame those perverted Americans! Now that I think about it, is there even such a thing as Transvestites Day? And it was only a skirt! (I can now understand why girls wear them, I was overcome with an urge to twirl...) I simply grabbed a skirt (borrowed it) and put it over my perfectly normal, sports casual, male clothing! I won't go into further detail, it was too traumatising... (I really shouldn't have told my friends about it)

  • I support Liverpool Football Club. But I haven't been to a game since Michael Owen, Emile Heskey, Milan Baros and Diouf made up the strike force, and that was with Torquer about 4 years ago. I just can't bring myself to buy a ticket...

  • I'm a Mac lover, but have yet to own a Mac. I despise Windows with their crappy Vista upgrade (that's blatantly ripped off the Mac OSX, and downgrades media files, and has like 5 new features that aren't even new...). As soon as I've mustered up the £1.5 grand I'm off to buy a Macbook Pro.


That's it. I tag:

Miao
Gneake
and Mutley (I'd be interested to see what he writes)
and anyone else who wants to do it.

28 comments:

Crashdummie said...

I didn't know guyz collected Bratz dolls.. infact, i dont think i know a single girl that collects them!

Regarding the tag, nah thanx, I'll just pass...

violet said...

You've just reminded me of a debate I was having with Mr Violet about whether too much analysis spoils or enhances enjoyment of poetry - I may do a post about it, cheers!

Ah, the good old days when I though Emile Heskey was going to settle down and start scoring regularly. That's about last time I went to Anfield too.

Torquer said...

Crashdummie:
The Bratz dolls and cross dressing in America go hand in hand.

Im craving going to Anfield as well, and I went last time in March 2006. God knows how you feel.

I have a feeling to pass on the tagging as well. Read my blog and over time you'll get a better picture of me.

ShouFarn said...

You seldom get tagged? hmm. I'll have to rectify that a bit.

You'll see in my next post, heh.

Anonymous said...

I can't stop spending money. Usually, it's for things that you don't generally expect at my age, namely political/historical books/DVDs. The problem is, I haven't finished a book (apart from 'Flanimals')in 5 years.

Anonymous said...

ja, ja. That's exactly why I named myself 'the usual stuff'.
I pity those little students who are forced to go beyond their witts and analyze some awfully complicated works. Poetry is nice, if you're into it, but I'd rather write an essay on a good book. Unfortunately, barely any book selected by a teacher is considered good.
The usual stuff

Jingo said...

Crash: I just assumed spoilt people would collect them. Personally, they remind me of chavs too much.

Violet: Too much analysis definitely spoils the enjoyment of poetry and literature. I used to enjoy reading "Of Mice and Men"... Now though...

Emile Heskey did score regular for a few seasons. Then he stopped scoring and we all realised he was a donkey ;)

Torquer: You have got to sort me out with some tickets!

shoufarn: I look forward to it! Memes are actually quite fun!

sam: I usually spend all my money on books as well (I fancy myself to be a bit of a collector). I'm saving up for the Mac though so haven't bought anything in a long while.

the usual stuff: It really puts people off when they have to write so much on it. It definitely put me off!

ldbug said...

I hate memes too! But, I like your answers. I'm sure you're very interesting. Ah, I remember learning to integrate, those were the days my friend, the days. (you are talking about calculus I hope)

The Usual Stuff said...

I'm so happy you guys are learning to integrate 'case, honestly, I never did! (that's why I learned to write) lol.

violet said...

We have an ironic shrine to Emile Heskey in the collage (mostly pictures of sharks and of richey manic drinking vodka) on our living room wall. What is it about Liverpool that we get these guys in who are really rated and they start going downhill the day they pull on the shirt?? Morientes, anyone? Sorry, off-topic, I'll stop now.

Miao 妙 said...

Thank you for tagging me - I am currently facing a serious lack of creativity to come up with an original post myself. :D

Miao 妙 said...

Oh, and here's a joke:

Once upon a time, there was a mathematician who was so obsessed about his work that he eventually went crazy. His friends sent him to a mental hospital, and everyday the mathematician would go around terrorizing everyone by saying, "I'll differentiate you!" The other patients, all mentally unsound, were very intimidated by him.

One day a new patient entered the hospital. As usual, the mathematician went up to him and hissed, "I'll differentiate you!" The patient did not respond, and his expression was still as calm as ever. The mathematician felt very perplexed and repeated, "I'll differentiate you!" Still the patient did not respond. Finally the mathematician felt extremely offended that the new patient was unafraid of him, and he marshalled all his energies and screamed at the top of his lungs, "I'LL DIFFERENTIATE YOU!" Slowly the patient started to speak, "Go on and differentiate me as many times as you wish - I am e^x."

ShouFarn said...

http://shoblastc.blogspot.com/2007/02/book-tagged.html

There you go. Its a better meme than this one, i reckon. Plus it encourages reading, which i always approve of.

Tickersoid said...

So that's how you found me, circling the whirl pool that is Mutley's blog.

If you need to talk to someone about the cross dressing thing. I'm here for you.
Doesn't mean you're anything other than a normal, very manly heterosexual, very very manly, manly butch, manly person, who's very manly. ;-)

Inexplicable DeVice said...

"Half-Naked Thursdays"? You're right to avoid those kind of Blogs.

If they're not totally naked, it's just not worth the effort!

Jingo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jingo said...

Idbug: No, I'm talking about the English Curriculum equivilent of Calculus which is Further Maths. I did my Maths GCSE a year early (and aced it) so I'm stuck with the A-level stuff which is infinitely more difficult.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire...

the usual stuff: I'm sick of integration. And differentiation. And maths in general. And to think I used to consider myself a maths genius...

violet: A shrine for Heskey? He wasn't that great, even in his heyday!

I think it's just the strikers, who feel the immense pressure of coming to a club with such high expectations. That's why Rafa has to start signing out of form players... Players like, say, Javier Mascherano ;)

Miao: That joke shows how rubbish I am at differentiation at the moment since I didn't get it at all! *shakes head*

Shoufarn: Since I've got nothing better to write about, I might as well ;)

Tickersoid: Mutley tends to have a strange ability where he sucks people into his alternate world...

And I must decline your kind offer ;)

device: I guess your right, half naked just isn't good enough!

violet said...

It's ironic! Ironic, I tell you! Oh alright, we feel sorry for him.

KATHBEE said...

Do 'real' men wear slippers? (hmmmmmm, the skirt, then slippers....) ;0

b. said...

JING..

get my msn from Sam alright?

i won't be on for a while as it seems... because of the whole no computer issue atm, but soon, i promise..

Axel said...

Thanx for the comment on my blog, fotosnord, Red bricks are a scandinavian phenomena I suppose, like American transvestites. Once in Argentina I came up to this girl and I wanted to caress her, and suddenly I realized that she had a penis... !
What a downer, the poor guy had real breasts.
Stay hetero ! (???What else makes sense???)...

nuttycow said...

Hey -

Came over from Kaz's blog... like what you've done with the place. If you ever need help with that English coursework, yell. I apparently graduated in English a couple of years ago. Fat lot of use it's done me, still can't spell and my grammar is still appaling.

Jingo said...

violet: Oh if it's ironic, I suppose that's alright ;)

kb: I've got some slippers now! They're blue with "Mr Grumpy" written on them ;)

baie: Why can't you just tell me it here? The cryptic ways of women...

No computer? Sounds like a nightmare.

axel: Stay hetero? Will do sir!

What a horribly traumatising experience for you...

Jingo said...

nuttycow - I don't know people by their first names! Who's Kaz?


The english coursework is sorted (thank god). I'm currently interpretting poems and reading Of Mice and Men for my lit exam.

Anonymous said...

I don't visit here anymore -as you have made it clear I am not welcome. But just for the record, I agree about windows vista (my therapist says I must emphasise the positive). I have nothing more to say.

sciurine said...

I hate spending money too, but it just so happens that this mysterious force drags me into random stores and i end up buying crap on impulse. Ahaha..and i decided to buy an asus laptop yesterday -with windows vista - i had no choice, it was pre-installed with vista...

b. said...

bailes_06@hotmail.com

Jingo said...

Mutley: How have I offended you now? Feel free to come back, you're always welcome in this establishment!

sciurine: I'd watch out if you're buying a new laptop with vista. It might not have the specs capable of running it...