27 March 2007

4am

The phone is ringing.

I stumble out of bed, groping for the cordless phone I had inadvertantly left in my room. It's dark but I can hear birds twittering.

It takes an eternity for me to answer it, and when I do I hear this: "Oh shit. I forgot to dial 141..." I hear some laughter in the background. They then put down the phone.

Oh fuck. It took me some time to register what was happening. I glance to the clock and it tells me it's 4am. Before I can even dial 1471 to trace the number, they redial.

I put the phone down. They call again. I unplug the phone.

I was up till fucking 12 doing fucking coursework and I was absolutely fucking shattered. I can't deal with this shit. Needless to say, I was not a happy bunny next morning.

I made some enquiries back at school and found the culprit. I then went on MSN and gave him a right bollocking (apparently he was drunk at the time). After giving him a piece of my mind, I doubt he'll ever try that shit ever again.

Anyway, there is more to this gripping tale... which I'll tell you about when I'm not inundated with coursework. I'm also not getting enough sleep.

14 comments:

ldbug said...

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel? I mean do you guys get spring break? Summer break?

The Usual Stuff said...

If it's a consolation for you, I just came back from this damned "real-life experience" training course, all battered and bruised, and I fell off my bed last night. I'm feeling like crap, but I will survive. Let them come and find out what you have for them, honey.

thethinker said...

I've been pulling several all nighters to get schoolwork done these past few days and it's getting to me too.

How many more day until Summer?

Anonymous said...

damn those evil drunk dialers.

Greta said...

I can't claim to have been kept up quite that late by actual coursework (although maybe I should have been?) However, if it's any consolation I woke up after my intensive Yosakoi training camp with the dance moves still running through my head, and the song looping as if it were actually playing out loud. Although I guess I can't really complain because I'd rather be dancing in my sleep than doing coursework while awake. Good luck, for what it's worth.

Anonymous said...

Can't you write a decent story without the help of the F-words?

Jingo said...

idbug: There is a Easter holiday in a week... After that it's the final push. Time moves so fast.

usual stuff: I will have to read your blog to find out about that! Hopefully I'll make it through the year...

thinker: To think I once cared about school work! It's all coursework these days...

Summer? That's ages away. Roll on Easter!

ktbangs: I'm thinking of getting my revenge...

greta: It's only these past few days that I've been swamped with the stuff. I should be carefree come Easter!

anon: No. Now fuck off.
seriously though, are you the same guy who had a go at me for slagging off my own city Liverpool? Leave a name pal. And if you don't like it, don't read it. Simple.

The Usual Stuff said...

jingo, your last comment was fantastic. It's just oh so easy to hide behind anonimity or the crowd...
Take ownnership and face people!!
If God gave me a face my size, it was for people to aim easily when they spit on me. LOL

Gaz said...

Anon's not your mum is it?

KATHBEE said...

Why don't people want to say who they are????

Anyway, seriously Jingo....get some SLEEP!!! Sleep is MORE important than study right now...

Help with time management....write a list of things you have to do....then prioritise them in order from MOST important to LEAST important. That's a start....

Anonymous said...

Did the caller think it was funny?
Because it isn't is it.

Jingo said...

usual stuff: It's as if I'm getting pranked, except on the internet! I don't take the opinions of anons unless they leave a name atleast...

gaz: I hope not mate! No wonder she's pissed off with me...

kath: Come Friday, I will sleep as soon as I get home! This week has really drained my energy...

Mutley: they did find it funny, and now that I look back, I find it quite funny. But it's still totally out of order. I doubt anyone will prank call me in a long time...

Crashdummie said...

Bummer!

I had a mysterious late phonecall last summer. When I told him I wasn't the one he was searching for he went silent, then started talking to me.... and called back few times!

Guess he must have likes my voice or something.

Jingo said...

maybe it was actually someone you know stalking you!